Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Creation Screen Work

I have purchased Playmaker for Unity, as I am a weak coder. Just toying with it I have learned a variety of different things, and in doing so, I have gotten quite a bit of work done on the character creation screen.

As of now, I have 10 different stats that you can increase or decrease while creating your character. 3 of which, are "Major Stats," and are unchangeable after the creation of your character. The other 7, are "Lesser Stats," and can be added to every time that your character levels up. To start, you are given 10 points to spend on Major Stats, and 20 points to spend on Lesser Stats.

You can also choose the name of your character, the gender, the Age (between 18 and 80), the Class, and your Tribe.

You will not be able to customize the appearance of your character, as you will see very few details of your character. (Really you will only see their overall body, maybe their hair/etc.) But you will be able to see what your character will look like based off of your other choices. (Class, Tribe, Gender.) (Age is more for just roleplay purposes, at least for now.)

Down the road, maybe I will allow for a dialogue portrait customization or something, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

With a tool that will actually help me code, this should pick up quite a bit, that and I'm done with classes for the year. I will try to post more soon! (Maybe with a screeny or two!)

-Cryptex

No comments:

Post a Comment